Credentials and Education
- Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker in the state of Massachusetts.
- 2000 – Masters in Social Work at Simmons Graduate School of Social Work
- 1997 – Bachelors degree in Human Services and Education at Hartford University in 1997
- 2004 – International Infant Massage Certification.
Nurturing Parents and Teachers
I currently run my own private practice, Nurturing Parents and Teachers, where I coach, educate, and train parents, caregivers and teachers on issues that relate to children birth to age 5, which includes:
- Comprehensive observations and consultations in daycare and preschool classrooms assessing children’s needs as well as assessing effectiveness of classroom atmosphere, and routines.
- Consultations with parents and primary caregivers on behavioral issues with their children.
- Provide workshops to parents and primary caregivers on topics regarding development, behaviors, and positive discipline.
- Summer Camp Counselor training for children of all ages.
- I previously worked in Early Intervention as a social worker and developmental specialist where I accomplished my Early Intervention Certification.
- While putting myself through school, I worked in a childcare center and a home for individuals with mental retardation and disabilities.
- My internships included working at Somerville Pediatric out Patient Therapy Clinic, Brookline, MA School Social Work Program, and Somerville Early Head Start.
- Prior to my graduate program, I interned at a domestic violence shelter in Hartford Connecticut for teenage mothers and at a community center working with children with multiple disabilities.